Sage 50 Payroll is a cloud-based payroll solution that assists small and mid-size businesses in managing their payroll operations.
Now, while working on Sage 50, you might come across the Sage 50 payroll error 5506. The objective of this article is to provide you with the steps that you must follow to resolve this error. If you have any inquiries to make regarding the information provided in this article, contact Sage Payroll Support Number.
This error usually occurs when you are running the software setup during the installation procedure. This error often appears with the MySQL notifications. When the error occurs, you will come across the following error message:
5006: 0x80070020 has occurred while running the software setup.
It is recommended that you stop all the other applications and programs while you are running the setup.
The steps to resolve the Sage payroll error 5006
These are the steps that you will need to follow in order to resolve Sage 50 payroll error code 5006:
Step 1: Disable the interference gates for installation for a while
- First, you will need to sign in to your system as ‘Administrator’.
- Then, disable the antivirus and firewall of your Windows operating system for the time being. It is advised that you disable any real-time scanner installed on your system.
- Now, you will have to run the installation procedure once again.
- Next, right-click on the previously downloaded installation file from your local desktop.
- After that, click on the option to ‘Run as Administrator’.
- For the next step, you must, click open the User Account Control and disable it.
- Finally, try to install the setup again after rebooting your system.
Step 2: If MySQL is causing the error 5006 to occur
If the error is caused by the interference of MYSQL, you will receive a message on the Windows Event Viewer. You will need to follow the solution provided below:
- First, you will have to uninstall the ODBC connectors and then re-install them.
- Then, you must check for any latest updates available and install it in your system.
Also Read: How to download sage 50 2019
And your job is done!
We hope this article has provided you with the help that you need to resolve the payroll error code 5006. There might be a remote chance of the error persisting even after you have executed all the steps accurately. In such cases, the best thing to do would be to contact the Sage Payroll Support Phone Number +1-855-548-3394. The Sage Payroll support team will make sure that any technical issue that is plaguing your system is alleviated.