Intuit allows you to host your QuickBooks company files on the hosting system to allow its users to use QuickBooks in multi-user mode. All the connected workstations can access QuickBooks company file which is hosted on the server. However, sometimes you may face some difficulties when you try to access the QuickBooks company file because the hosting mode is off in QuickBooks. If you are also finding yourself in such situation then you need to perform the steps mentioned in this article properly. If you are not sure about performing the steps then you can connect with us at our QuickBooks Enterprise Support Phone Number +1855-548-3394 toll-free to avail the technical support services.
- Keep a track of your server or hosting system as a network drive for every connected system.
- QuickBooks should be configured for multi-user mode.
- The folder where company file is stored should be shared with all workstations.
Turn On, QuickBooks Hosting Mode Is Off And Install The QuickBooks Data Server Utility?
First of all, the QuickBooks Database server manager should be installed in the server to configure QuickBooks for multi-user mode. If it is not available then you need to install it manually.
- Log in to Windows with Administrator rights
- You should have a stable internet connection
- Local system should have the QuickBooks software installed in it. If not, then do it.
- From the main menu of QuickBooks, go to File > Switch to Multi-User mode
- Select OK to the confirmation if you get one.
- Add users in QuickBooks by following below mentioned steps:
- Select the company and then click on Set up Users & Passwords.
- Provide usernames and password of your choices.
- Tap on Add user
How To Turn The Discovery On?
If QuickBooks Hosting Mode is still not enabled then you need to turn on the Network Discovery mode. It is an optional step and you don’t have to perform it mandatorily. Performing this step will allow you to see if any QuickBooks company file when you try to open it via UNC path.
Your Windows OS will validate whether the Password Sharing option is ON or not. If yes then logging in into the network will be easy as it won’t require any password. You can turn it off as well by the following steps:
- Open the Control Panel and go to Network Sharing Center
- Tap on the Change Advanced Sharing Setting.
- Go to the profile that you are using currently.
- From the Network Discovery window, click on Turn on Network Discovery.
- Locate the password protected sharing option and then disable it by clicking on Turn Off.
- Click on Save and then restart your system.
Follow the same steps on all connected workstations to make sure that the hosting mode issue is resolved in every system. Now you can continue using the QuickBooks Desktop in multi-user mode,
Steps To Open The Company File
- Go to File > Open or Restore Company File
- Browse to the folder where your company file is located and then select the company file
- Click on Open and provide the user credentials if you are asked to.
Resolve QuickBooks Multi-User Mode Issues
Provided solutions should allow you to get rid of QuickBooks Hosting mode is off issue. Well if you want to use QuickBooks in a multi-user environment then you need to make sure that you have a subscription of the Enterprise version that allows you to add up-to 30 users at the same time and you may face issues like these if you are using QuickBooks Pro or Premier in a multi-user environment.
If you could not resolve the issue manually then we recommend you to get in touch with us at our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1855-548-3394 and avail the technical support services for QuickBooks Desktop.