Are you looking for resolution of QuickBooks Error 15106? Then you have visited the correct place. QuickBooks is a major accounting tool that smoothens the accounting and financial work of small and medium-size business organizations. But like other software you may also encounter issues while using QuickBooks. These issues can slow down your work and performance. QuickBooks Error 15106 is one such error. The users might receive a message like Error 15106: You’re QuickBooks is not able to update because the downloaded files have been corrupted. In this article we are going to discuss the QuickBooks Error 15106 and methods to resolve it. If you want instant resolution, then you can contact QuickBooks Enterprise Support Phone Number +1800-210-5289.
What Are The Causes of QuickBooks Error 15106?
There major causes that result in QuickBooks Error 15106 are mentioned below:
- Presence of virus-like Spy sweeper in your system.
- You have not logged in as System Administrator.
You can talk to our QuickBooks Enterprise Support experts to fix the above causes of QuickBooks 15106.
How To Fix QuickBooks Error 15106?
There are many ways to fix QuickBooks Error 15106. If you need a quick solution then you can contact QuickBooks Error Support team to resolve it in quick time. You can follow the below steps to resolve QuickBooks Error 15106:
Step 1: Log in As Administrator
First of all, before taking a step further, log in to the system as an administrator. This might help to resolve QuickBooks Error 15106;
- Open Your Computer.
- Right-click on the QuickBooks icon on the desktop.
- Select Run as Administrator. You can use the system as an Administrator.
Follow the below step after you have logged in as administrator.
Step 2: Stop Your Anti-Virus Application and Rename Folders
Sometimes the anti-virus like Spy Sweeper can create issues. You need to search for it in your system. Follow the below steps to do it :
- Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open Task Manager.
- Select the Processes tab and then search for [ANTIVIRUS].exe. Example: Spy Sweeper.exe. If any error occurs then uninstall the antivirus application by opening Add/Remove Programs in the Window.
- Click End Process.
- If you cannot find the virus in the system then rename the folder of the QuickBooks update.
- Open File Explorer by pressing Windows key+E on the keyboard.
- Open C:Program FilesIntuitQuickBooks(year)Components.For 64-bit users, go to C:Program Files(x86)IntuitQuickbooks(year)Components.
- Right-click on the downloadqbXX folder and then select Rename. (XX stands for the year version of your QuickBooks)
- Add .old to the end of the name. Example: downloadqbxx.old.
- Update your QuickBooks again.
Step 3: Turn Off User Account Control
- For Windows 7 and 8: temporarily turn off UAC.
- For Windows 10: move to step 4.
Step 4: Perform A Clean Install in Selective Startup
- Take a back up of your data in QuickBooks
- Next, uninstall QuickBooks Desktop
- Now, download and install the QuickBooks Tools Hub
- Run the Clean Install Tool in your system
- Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop on your computer.
Technical Support For QuickBooks Error 15106
The best way to reach for technical support is to dial QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1800-210-5289. You can also reach for support on QuickBooks Live Chat Support. Our expert team will look into your QuickBooks issues and resolve them in quick time. They are highly experienced and very skilled to sort out any type of QuickBooks issues instantly.