QuickBooks Error 12157
The first thing that comes to mind about QuickBooks is that it is super power software. The software is enriched with strong features that make business management easy. It automates the regular business tasks and improves the speed and accuracy of the business. There are times when QuickBooks encounters certain problems like other software. The error occurs due to many reasons such as: improper installations, data connectivity issues, upgrade errors, update errors etc. QuickBooks Error code 12157 is one of the common issues that users report to QuickBooks Technical Support number. QuickBooks error 12157 falls under the 12000 error code series that mainly occurs due to Web connectivity issues in Windows Operating System with Microsoft Win32 Internet, which is also known as WinInet API. QuickBooks uses the API for quick access Internet Protocols like FTP, HTTP and Gopher. The QuickBooks Error 12157 happens when the user downloads or installs latest updates with the software.
Call Quickbooks Support Toll-Free Number
When the error occurs it stops the updates to incorporate with the software which can cause critical issues later on as these product updates that comprise of resolution for the bugs reported for the current version along with potential features that improves the experience of the software.
Reasons for the Occurrence of the Error Code 12157
There are multiple reasons for the occurrence of Error Code 12157. The below listed reasons many be the direct result of any of the following reasons:
- Firewall confined settings and Internet security applications
- Multiple QuickBooks software versions released on the same year on the same computer system such as: QuickBooks Desktop Pro 2016 and QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise Solutions 16.0.
- Internet settings or security applications may be responsible for the error occurrence while updating your QuickBooks Desktop software.
Fix Quickbooks Error 12157
How to Resolve the Error?
Intuit has recommended certain resolutions that will help you fix the issue manually and quickly. It is suggested that your software must be updated prior you start the steps to resolve the problem. This assures that you do not need to follow all the solutions recommended.
- Advance Settings:
- Shut down QuickBooks program -> Go to Internet Explorer
- Move ahead to the Tools tab in Menu Bar -> Move to Internet options.
- Click on Advanced Tab
- Choose Restore Advanced Settings tab
- Close the Window
- Firewall & Third Party Application Set up:The firewall settings and the third party settings of the security applications sometimes restrict QuickBooks to update the software and payroll. It permits incoming and outgoing access through 10172 ports. The files that need Internet access are as follows:
- Settings of QuickBooks Desktop & Internet Explorer: The QuickBooks Desktop and Internet Explorer should concur with each other. Both should be thoroughly checked and updated latest bug resolutions.
The above three solutions are capable to fix the QuickBooks error code 12157. In case the problem still persists you should contact QuickBooks Customer Support through different modes like phone, email and live chat. They promptly handle the issues and accord solutions.
Alternatively you can get in touch with QBTechnical.help a reliable QuickBooks consulting agency that hires experienced QB professionals and assure instant support with feasible solutions. In case you have other queries like How to fix script error and so on you can call directly to the toll free number + +1(855)548 3394 and fetch round the clock assistance.
Call Quickbooks USA 24*7 Toll Free