There are two ways to open company files in Multiuser mode automatically. The first one is to check the Open file in multi-user mode option. Here’s how:
- Click the File menu.
- Select Open or Restore Company.
- Choose Open a company file, and then click Next.
- In the Open a Company window, check the Open file in multi-user mode box at the bottom.
Each time you open the company file from the computer, the multiuser mode will be enabled. You can do this on every workstation.
The second one is to edit the QBWUSER.INI file and then change the MULTIUSERMODE value. Due to the technical nature of this method, you might want to reach out to a computer expert.
- Navigate to the AppData folder. The default location is C:Users(username)AppDataLocalIntuit(Your QuickBooks Desktop version).
- Find QBWUSER.INI and then open it using Notepad.
- Press CTRL + F and then find MULTIUSERMODE.
- Change the value to “Y” (MULTIUSERMODE=Y).
- Save the file.
There are times when the system reverts the file to the original value. To prevent this:
- Right-click the QBWUSER.INI file.
- Select Properties.
- Go to the General tab.
- Check the Read-only box.
- Click Apply, and then click Save.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out to me if there’s anything else you need help with.
QuickBooks Customer Care Number