QuickBooks comes with thousands of features and one of the best features is integrated e-mail services. You can configure your Email in QuickBooks Desktop to send and receive invoices, reports, product sales etc. The email services can be configured in multiple ways in QuickBooks but there can be some instances when you can face some issues and Outlook Is Not An Option In QuickBooks Send Forms Preferences is one of them.
If you are also facing this issue and you can’t set up Outlook as your email account in QuickBooks this article can be very helpful for you. We will be providing the solution steps to resolve this email configuration issue. You can also contact us at our toll-free QuickBooks Enterprise Support Phone Number +1800-210-5289 to get instant support for your issue.
Outlook Is Not An Option In QuickBooks Send Forms Preferences
This issue basically doesn’t allow you to operate outlook through QuickBooks. There can be various reasons behind it and some of them are as follow:
- The current version of Outlook installed in your system is not compatible with the version of QuickBooks install in your system. You may have to update your QuickBooks desktop or Outlook program.
- The version of Outlook installed in your system is outdated.
- Outlook is not your default email
- Outlook application is not installed or active in your system.
- Outlook is not synced with QuickBooks.
- Internet Explorer doesn’t have Outlook set up as the default email.
Steps To Fix QuickBooks Outlook Issue
If the error is not occurring when you select Edit > Send Form > My Preference then this means that Outlook is not an emailing option in your QuickBooks Desktop. Follow the provided steps to do so:
Solution 1: Use Outlook As Default
- Open the Internet Explorer and go to Tools > Options
- Select the General Setting option and then go to the Option tab
- Now, set ‘Outlook as the default program for email’
- From the Tools section, go to Option and then select Startup.
- Now, put a checkmark on the Make Outlook the default program for Email, Contact and Calendar box.
You need to go to the second step in case if the message, Outlook Is Not An Option In QuickBooks Send Forms Preferences still pops up within your browser:
Solution 2: Outlook version is supported by your system or not…
- Open Outlook and select About Microsoft Office option.
- Go to the Information section and see the version of Outlook installed in your system.
Solution 3: In The Windows, Try To Edit The Mail Profile Settings
- Close QuickBooks Desktop and all its related processes using Task Manager.
- Open the Control Panel and search for the email section.
- Tap on the mail.
- From the email set up, select Show Profile
- Select Always Use This and then click on OK
- Try to use Outlook in QuickBooks.
Solution 4: WIN.INI file may not be configured properly
- Open the Windows Explorer by pressing Windows + E keys.
- Navigate to the C: drive and navigate to the Windows folder.
- Locate the INI file and create a copy of it.
- Paste the file to a different folder and then create a backup of this file.
- Navigate to C:Windows and open WIN>INI file again and locate the MAIL file.
- If the MAIL file couldn’t be found when you have to add it with the below-mentioned text:
- Select Save and then close them.
- Run QuickBooks again and go to Edit > Preferences > Check The Send Form Preferences.
Reach Us For Support
If the above-mentioned steps couldn’t resolve the issue for you or you are having some doubts while performing the solution steps then you can get in touch with us at our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1800-210-5289 to get instant support for all your issues.