QuickBooks is a very amazing accounting tool that helps in various accounting activities of business organizations. It has many advanced features with an easy user interface that helps you in managing sales, expense, inventories, payroll, and many more things. Like other software, you can face errors while using this software. QuickBooks Error 15240 is one such error that can slow down your workflow. Itis an update error that occurs when you update QuickBooks or download a QuickBooks Payroll Update. the following error message appears on your screen:
- Error 15240: The payroll update did not complete successfully.
- File Exists: The file you specified cannot be opened. Make sure that it is not being used by another program.
- Internet connection error: unknown error
You may get in touch with QuickBooks Enterprise Support Phone Number +1800-210-5289 when you see this error. We are going to discuss the QuickBooks Error 15240 and methods to resolve it in this article.
What Are The Causes of QuickBooks Error 15240?
Some of the major causes that are responsible for the QuickBooks Error 15240 are listed below:
- There is an improper setting of internet explorer.
- There is an issue with firewall settings
- The date and time settings are not correct.
Contact QuickBooks Customer Support to resolve the above causes.
How To Fix QuickBooks Error 15240?
QuickBooks issues must be resolved as soon as possible. There are several solutions to resolve QuickBooks Error 15240. Some of the major solutions are listed below:
Solution 1: Run QuickBooks as Administrator
- Navigate to the QuickBooks icon on your Desktop and right-click on it.
- Select the option Run as Administrator.
If the error exists then move to the next solution.
Solution 2: Verify The System Date And Time Settings
- Press Windows Key and then open Control Panel.
- Choose the option Change date and time settings.
- Correct the date and time.
- Click Apply and then OK.
Check if the issue persists then move to the next solution.
Solution 3: Reinstall QuickBooks Using Clean Install Tool
- Uninstall QuickBooks from your system
- Download QuickBooks Clean Install Tool from Intuit website.
- Rename the entire installation folder
- Reinstall QuickBooks on your system
Verify if the issue is resolved or not. If the still exist then move to the next solution
Solution 4: Verify the Internet Explorer settings
- Open Internet Explorer on your system.
- Click on Tools > Internet Options
- Choose Advanced tab .
- Scroll down and choose Use SSL 2.0 and Use SSL 3.0 under Security option.
- Click Apply & OK.
Solution 5: Check Third-Party Firewall
Make sure that the qbw32.exe file and qbupdate.exe files have access to go through the firewall.
Solution 6: Check The Settings of Security Software
Verify the settings of security software and anti-malware software so that they do not hinder the workflow in QuickBooks.
How To Get Technical Support For QuickBooks Error 15240?
You can easily fix the QuickBooks Error 15240 with the help of the above solutions. You can call on QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1800-210-5289 for any type of technical assistance. Our certified technical team is able to resolve all types of QuickBooks issues in quick time. You can also take the help of QuickBooks Live Chat Support. Our helpline is open throughout the year so that you don’t have to wait for any assistance related to QuickBooks.