How To Fix QuickBooks Update Errors: 12002, 12007, 12009, 12029
QuickBooks is an accounting software mainly developed for small to medium businesses by Intuit Inc. With its mind-blowing features, it has gained popularity across the business world ever since its development. At present, it is available only for Mac and Windows operating systems.
Exclusive QuickBooks Features
Call Quickbooks Support Number
Some of the business-friendly features provided by QuickBooks are:
- Create and send invoices, track sales and get the status of your business on your fingertips
- You can collaborate with your accountants or bookkeeper to log in simultaneously and work to take your business to the next level.
- QuickBooks uses high-level techniques and advanced mechanisms to protect users’ data.
- You can also create and send your business forms, professional invoices, receipts and business estimates in a matter of a few minutes.
- You can control your cash flow by entering bills from vendors and paying them only when they are due.
What causes the QuickBooks Update Errors: 12002, 12007, 12009, 12029?
- Internet timeout that prevents QuickBooks to access the server
- Incorrect SSL settings
- Internet connection issues (the system may not be recognizing any connections)
- Firewall settings blocking the software to get updates
- Internet Explorer is not the default browser
How to fix QuickBooks Error 12002?
- Close QuickBooks, open Internet Explorer
- Click Tools then select Internet Options
- Select Security and check that the security setting is not higher than Medium High
- Click on Globe icon, select Content and check if Content Advisor button is set to enable.
- If it is not set to enable, select it, type the password, and disable Content Advisor
- Click on Connections
- Select Never Dial a Connection if you don’t use DUN
- Check if correct ISP is selected. Click OK if the are using DUN
- At the bottom, click LAN Settings. Automatically detect settings should be checked.
- Clear the checkbox that says Use a Proxy Server
- Complete the full address and port, in case you are using a proxy server
- Use a proxy, if the port is port 80, uncheck Use a Proxy box for testing. For port numbers other than 80, do not uncheck
- Click OK on LAN Settings
- Select Advanced
- Click Restore Advanced Settings
- Search and locate Use TLS 1.0, Use TLS 1.1 and Use TLS 1.2
- Mark TLS 1.0 as checked and uncheck TLS 1.1 and TLS 1.2
- Close Internet Explorer & Restart the Computer
After following the above troubleshooting steps, you can now try updating QuickBooks by following below steps:
- Go to Help and select Internet Connection Setup
- Select and click “Use my computer’s internet settings” option
- Go to Next and click done
- Verify your Internet Connection Setup in QuickBooks by going to Help
- Check that your connection is working properly and update again
- Go to Help and Then Advanced Option
- Click on Reset Update and then Get Updates
How to fix Errors 12007, 12009, 12029?
Condition 1: Error occurred while updating QuickBooks
- Go to net association set up in the software from net setup menu choice
- Check if the net association is properly set to use your system’s connection settings
Condition 2: Error occurred while updating QuickBooks Payroll services
- Validate your connection as in the previous condition.
- Go to Next and select Advanced Connection Settings
- Go to display Internet properties
- Go to Advanced settings and check that SSL 2.0 and use 3.0 are checked.
- Apply and press OK
- Close and restart QuickBooks
- Try updating the payroll services again
Facing technical errors while using updating QuickBooks, Instant dial our QuickBooks Error Support Telephone Number.
We hope that we have been able to resolve QuickBooks Problem efficiently and effectively. In case you are having some issues regarding anything, contact QuickBooks Error Code Support at toll-free number.
Call Quickbooks Toll Free Number