If you have recently run into a peculiar QuickBooks error, specifically, Error Code 3371 “QuickBooks could not load license data. This may be caused by a missing or damaged file.” with a status code of 11118, you are not alone. This problem is prevalent amidst a lot of users who use QuickBooks for accounting purposes.
Call Quickbooks Toll Free Number
The symptom of Error 3371 is generally that you are not able to open your company file in QuickBooks. You also get notified for a mysterious HTML file. In most cases, such errors take place while you are trying to prepare for a system restore, or shifting of your operating system file to an external hard drive or device.
This makes people believe in the fact that there is some kind of issue with the particular file that has been causing this error. This is why the file is aptly called “Entitlement” file that manages the phone-home registration process of QuickBooks. The file in question in case of this error is the “Entitlement DataStore.ecml” file.
In this digital world, QuickBooks is regarded as one of the best accounting software, as it is made up of three main factors that are secure, reliable and accurate. Today, we are going to be talking about QuickBooks error 3371, Status code 1118.
Reasons why QuickBooks Error 3371 occurs?
It is easy to understand that Intuit makes it necessary to have license information stored on your hard drive. You are likely to encounter an error code, if that information, file, or license data get corrupted, damaged or missing.
This type of error can also take place at the time of the cloning process from C:/ drive to another new hard drive. In such a case, you need to delete your entitlement file. On top of all, you require to re-enter your license information to get this issue fixed.
What to do before starting Resolution steps:
- Firstly, make sure that you install the most recent update of Windows on your device.
- Then, check if there is are corrupt Windows operating system files, in case you have received the message again.
One of the following error messages is likely to be encountered by you, whenever you activate or open QuickBooks Desktop.
Could not initialize license properties. Error 3371: QuickBooks could not load the license data. Such an error may be caused due to missing or damaged files.
Could not initialize license properties. [Error 3371, Status Code -11118] QuickBooks could not load the license data. This error may be caused due to missing or damaged files.
Could not initialize license properties. [Error: 3371, Status Code -1] QuickBooks could not load the license data. This type of error may be caused due to missing or damaged files.
Generally, this error is caused due to one of the following:
1. When one uses an outdated Windows operating system or anti-virus program that quarantines some QuickBooks Desktop files.
2. If any of the following components that are required by QuickBooks Desktop to access is damaged or missing:• QBregistration.dat: QuickBooks Desktop installation file that has QuickBooks’ license information. The license information needs to be retrieved each time, the QuickBooks Desktop is made active. QuickBooks Desktop will not open if the file is damaged.• MSXML component: This one is a Microsoft component that is required by QuickBooks Desktop. This component lets QuickBooks Desktop retrieve the information in the Qbregistration.dat file, authorizing QuickBooks to open.
3. Right Networks and QuickBooks Enterprise with Web Connect users: You are also likely to experience this problem in the case, you open the file initially. It is important to save the file before importing.QBO file.
QuickBooks Desktop installation may fail or get damaged if the installation process is not completed. Make sure that the Windows you are using is up to date.
Step 1: Press the Windows logo.
Step 2: After that press All Programs and tap on Windows Update.
Step 3: then, After the updates have been installed, install QuickBooks.
If you want to fix QuickBooks Error 3371, then, follow the steps given below:
IMPORTANT: In case, the first solution has successfully fixed your problem, you are not required to try other steps.
Step 1: Re-create damaged EntitlementDataStore.ecml file to fix problems relating to license and registration
Step 2: Resolve Microsoft .NET Framework, MSXML, and C++ problems by using the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
Step 3: Reinstall using a clean install.
Call us at How To Contact QuickBooks Customer Care
In the midst of the steps, if you felt you were getting lost while dealing with Error 3371, then feel free to dial QuickBooks Error Support Phone Number +1(855)548 3394.