There can be several errors that might occur while using QuickBooks Desktop, some are easy to resolve and some might be difficult. QuickBooks Error 6123 is one such error that might be a bit difficult to resolve however in this article we will try to make it easy for you.
Call Quickbooks Toll Free Number
Why does QuickBooks Company File Error 6123 Occur?
1. The main PC has degenerate network connectivity.
2. Firewall network is hindering a port expected to communicate with the server facilitating the company file.
3. Harmed QBW records.
4. Degenerate QuickBooks data/program files.
5. Your system has different QuickBooks database administrations running.
6. The privacy service of MacAfee antivirus is introduced with the Block Web Bugs filter choice chose that is clashing with QB Desktop.
7. Same company file is open in another form of QuickBooks.
8. You are reestablishing reinforcement from a blazing drive or from a removable storage gadget.
9.Harmed Window client.
How to fix QuickBooks Error 6123?
Situation 1: While upgrading to a newer version of QuickBooks
In case you are experiencing this error while upgrading from QuickBooks Desktop 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 document to QuickBooks Desktop 2016, 2017, or 2018, you can attempt the accompanying:
- Run QuickBooks File Doctor – many times this tool automatically resolves problems with the Company File
- If you were using QuickBooks 2009, 2010, 2011 or 2012 earlier, you should re-open your company file in that version before opening the company file in the upgraded version.
- If the file fails to upgrade, make a portable copy of the company file in the previous version
- Open the portable copy of the company file in the latest version of QuickBooks
Situation 2: While opening the company file in QuickBooks
- Ensure your QuickBooks is updated to the latest release
- Move the Company File to a new location and try to re-open it
- Run the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool on the affected file
- Restart the computer and try to open the file again.
In case the above steps do not help you resolve the Error you can follow below troubleshooting steps, alternatively, you can also dial the QuickBooks Support Phone Number in case you are not sure how to follow the steps or if you are stuck.
If you are using QuickBooks with a Single User:
- Open folder where the company file is located
- Right click on the files that end with .ND & .TLG and Rename it by adding .OLD at the end of the file name
- Open QuickBooks Desktop Company file.
- Ensure that the folder permissions are set correctly
- Move company file to a new folder and re-open the file
In the case the above steps do not help you resolve the problem, you can restore them .ADR (Auto Data Recovery) copy of the Company File. You can also try to create a new Windows User and try to reopen the Company File
If you are using QuickBooks with Multiple Users:
- Rename.ND and.TLG file, in the same manner, mentioned previously
- Use the QuickBooks Database Server Manager Utility and rescan the folder where the company files are located
- Go to the Windows Task Manager
- Right click on the “QBDBMgrN.exe” and click on End Task
- Go to services.msc and restart the QBDBMGR service
- Ensure that your Antivirus is not set to block QuickBooks
Looking for technical support to fix issues related to QuickBooks, then Accountant Squad is there for you 24×7! Dial our QuickBooks Error Support Phone Number +1(855)548 3394 and speak to certified QuickBooks ProAdvisors.
Call us at Quickbooks Customer Care Service Phone Number