After you have installed a new version of QuickBooks, you need to update the company’s data file by opening it to a new version. For that, procuring QuickBooks Update Support is what you should be eyeing for. This procedure helps in updating company files from older QuickBooks version to newer models.
Call our QuickBooks Update Support Toll Free Number
Few Points to Consider:
Whenever you are planning to opt for QuickBooks Update Support, make sure to keep certain points in mind. Remember that only Admin User has the right to update file. If you have not created any other roles and users in QuickBooks, then you are automatically procuring help from the Admin user. You are not signed in as Admin user if a message pops up on your screen, which says that the company’s file is to be updated. For that, you are recommended to ask your QuickBooks administrator o update file.
You are requested to not update over a network. Always remember to check that the company data file is stored on the same host device you are planning to use for update. There are some times when you might have to copy file from another system and then copy it back after the updating service is taken care of.
Remember that after you have updated the older version of QuickBooks to new one, it is not likely to open in any of the previous versions. QuickBooks can work automatically for backing up data file before trying to update it if you ever need to revert to older version. You have the liberty to restore backup of old version if needed. In case, you plan to restart the update, you can restore backup to new QuickBooks version.
Another point to consider is that enterprise data files can only work on Enterprise QuickBooks editions. It is impossible to convert Enterprise data to Simple Start, Premier or Pro. If you want, you can convert Simple pro, start or premium file to enterprise, but that won’t help the company files to open in premier, simple start or pro versions, once converted.
Prerequisites to Follow:
So, you have finally made up your mind to update QuickBooks from its old version to new one. For that, make sure to check on the perquisites before procuring QuickBooks Update Support help.
- Make sure to resort your lists
- Remember to verify data file
- If needed, rebuild data file
- Check for error messages at Qbwin.log file
- Be sure to check whether the updated data file is working properly after running in Verify Data utility, once the update is completed
Follow the Steps Now:
Let’s start with the steps of updating old QuickBooks version to that of a new one. The steps of QuickBooks Update Support are currently mentioned below:
- Open QuickBooks’s new version by clicking on the said link
- From there choose the option “File”, and then click on the “Open or Restore Company” option
- Click on “Open a company file”, and then select next
- Browse to data file, select the option you want and click “open”
- Sometimes, QuickBooks might display a message, which says, “Move Company File” window. If so, then read and follow the mentioned instructions well.
- Go through the information in the section, “Update company file for new version”. Click on the check box to show that you have understood and then click on “update now”
- It is mandatory to follow the instructions to back up company file. Remember to make a note of their current location, if you ever need to refer it later.
- Wait for the message which says that you are about to open company file with a new QuickBooks version; do you want to continue. When it appears, click “yes”
QuickBooks Update Support Phone Number
Some Recommended Points to Follow:
Once the company file has been updated, there are certain recommended points to work on.
- Remember to store the backup, which you have created a few steps before in sage place unless you are sure that you won’t need it later.
- If you copied data from another computer to update, make sure to copy it again.
- Once you have selected the latest version of QuickBooks, the computer file from earlier version might move to new folder. It can be on Windows 7, 8, Windows Vista or in Windows XP.
- In case, you cannot find your data file in requisite location or in specified folder, then search for the hard drive under .qbw files. Try to find it in this way.
- Always remember to include some hidden folders and files in search criteria, where you can store company file if asked for.
These simple yet effective steps might help you to update your QuickBooks to the latest version. For any other information on QuickBooks Update Technical Support, catch along with experts for help. They know the exact steps to follow, around here. Call us for any Quickbooks Update Support Phone Number.
Call us at Quickbooks Customer Care Number