It will not take much of your time to change the product number and license of QuickBooks. For that, you don’t even have to reinstall or uninstall the program. You need proper QuickBooks Licensing Support for that and straight from the Intuit team. Now, depending on the area you are going to address, the process is going to differ.
Call our QuickBooks Licensing Support Toll Free Number
Starting by QBregistration.dat for Windows in QuickBooks:
There are certain important points associated with this change. For that, keeping eyes open for the best option can work wonder.
- For avoiding reinstalling or uninstalling the product, it is mandatory to edit the qbregistration.dat file. Any kind of incorrect information or typos saved in the file will prevent QuickBooks from operating it well after editing.
- If you fail to restart the computer, the program might still deliver incorrect product information to the server. It can happen especially when you are accessing the company file. In case, you are using multi-user mode, which is well-networked with various seats, then QuickBooks will provide an error message.
Editing qbregistration.dat file if you fail to open in QuickBooks Desktop:
The steps are simple and you won’t need any help for that. However, if you fail to work on any of these steps or cannot understand it, then QuickBooks Licensing Support is there for you.
- Open for the common files of QuickBooks.
- After that, right click on the qbregistration.dat file and select the option “open with”. After that, click on “notepad.” Here, you might have to scroll the other sections too in case the notepad is not available in the recommended program.
- Now, you have to create a backup for the file. Here, you have to click on the Notepad “File” menu and then on the option “save as.” In the current save as window, you need to select the option “desktop” and finally “save.” Ensure to close the file and then reopen it from the Tech help window. After that, close QuickBooks.
- The chosen qbregistration.dat file helps in providing information on all Installed programs. Here, you will come to learn about the edition and version of installed programs.
- For the next step, you just location the QuickBooks version which has already been installed with incorrect product code or license number.
- Here, you are asked to replace the Install ID with the proper product code. You have to use this format XXX-XXX while entering the number and do not remove the brackets.
- Here, you are asked to replace the license number with the proper one. The format to be used over here is “XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXX.” Even here, you are not supposed to remove any bracket.
- After that, click on the “save” option
- Now, reboot your system and re-launch the desktop version of QuickBooks
- You have to verify that the changes made are ok by pressing F2 from your keyboard for displaying the “product information” window.
QuickBooks Licensing Support Phone Number
For Changing The License Number Only:
There are simple and short steps used for changing the license number. For that supportive help, you have chosen and reputed QuickBooks Licensing Support team. They are ready to answer your call and check on queries, whenever the right time comes.
- First, you have to choose the “Help” option from QuickBooks.
- Next, you have to select the option, which states “Manage my license.”
- After that, you have to click on the “Change my license number” option.
- Enter your chosen new number of license and then click “next.”
- After that click “finish” for completing the step. Now, you just have to restart the computer.
Editing QB registration.dat file Within the Desktop Value of QuickBooks:
Apart from the points already mentioned, there are so many other options available. Sometimes, you might need the chance to edit an eqbregistration.dat file within the available QuickBooks Desktop. For that, you can take help of QuickBooks Licensing Support team for some help, if needed. The steps are simple.
- Open the Desktop account of QuickBooks
- Click F2 on the keyboard for the product information window.
- After that, press F3 for opening tech help window.
- Click on the “open file” tab and then select the option “QBREGISTRATION.DAT”
- After that, click on “open file” option and the file will open in notepad
- Now, it is time to create a backup of the qbregistration.dat file.
- This qbregistration.dat file helps in highlighting information on installed QuickBooks products. There are some sections, which will indicate edition and version of the installed program.
- You have to locate a version of QuickBooks, which was installed with incorrect product code or license number.
- Now, you have to replace the installed with the proper product code. For that, the format “XXX-XXX” might help. But make sure to not remove any of the brackets.
- Replace the wrong or old license number with the new one. For that, the format is “XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXX.” Even here, you are not allowed to remove the bracket.
- After that, you have to click on the “save” option. Next, reboot the computer and re-launch QuickBooks Desktop.
- Lastly, you need to press F2 for displaying the product information page and verify the changes made.
If The Product Remains Same:
There are certain rare instances when the old product remains the same after performing the above-mentioned steps. During such cases, you can take help of QuickBooks Licensing Support team for other options. Simple steps are on your way to help. You have to close the QuickBooks desktop. After that press Ctrl+Alt+Delete top to open the “Task Manager.” After that, click on the “Processes” tab and select the option, which states “show processes from users” right at the bottom of the window.
After that, end all the QuickBooks related procedures. Open Desktop and check for the product number and license at “product information” screen. Even after that, if the license or product numbers failed to change, it is important to restart the computer. After that, you need to verify information again. If not updated still, you have to perform the “reinstall using clean install” procedure.
QBRegistration.dat for Mac in QuickBooks:
This method is applicable for the US version only. So, before you jump right into QuickBooks Licensing Support for help, ensure to keep this point in mind.
- Open Desktop QuickBooks for Mac
- From the main menu, click “manage my license”
- After that, select the option “de-authorized this computer.”
- QuickBooks will then ask you for a product number and new license.
- Enter the latest information and you are done.
These are some of the other impeccable steps to follow while trying to work on licensing support. The steps might be lengthy but it is worth it in the end. Always try to get along with the best team for help and everything will work well for you.
☞ Solve Other Quickbooks Related Problems:
➽ QuickBooks Download Support
➽ QuickBooks Integration Support
➽ QuickBooks Troubleshooting Support
➽ QuickBooks Sync Support
Call us at Quickbooks Customer Care Number