From time to time, it is possible for QuickBooks users to face challenges during the installation or execution of QuickBooks.
It is important to resolve issues at the earliest and proceed with business as usual. As a first step, the user needs to refer to the QuickBooks Error Support Online Guide to check for solutions. Below is a review of QuickBooks error code 80070057, its causes and list of steps to follow to resolve the same.
What is QuickBooks Error 80070057: the parameter is incorrect?
When the user tries to open a company file, the following message is displayed:
“80070057 the parameter is incorrect.”
“You do not have sufficient permissions to delete files in the specified folder. To use QuickBooks in a multi-user environment, you must have read/write access and create/delete rights to the folder where the company file is stored.”
Call our Quickbooks Error Support Toll Free Number
What are the reasons for error 80070057?
Run QuickBooks as Administrator:
- Right-click on QuickBooks Desktop icon.
- Click on the option item to Run As Administrator.
Check if the file extension is correct and of valid type:
- Right-click on the company file and go to Properties.
- Next, in the QuickBooks tab, check if the file extension is correct
- Verify that you have set the ‘application to open the file’ to QuickBooks.
- Click OK.
Save the remote file locally and try opening it inside QuickBooks.
If the error occurs during the installation of QuickBooks, download the installation file again and then perform QuickBooks clean installation.
Download QuickBooks File Doctor. Run it to check and fix errors in the system:
- Download QB File Doctor software
- After the download, double-click on the .exe file and install the software.
- After installation, open the File Doctor program.
- Search for the company file name and locate it.
- Choose both file damage and network connectivity and enter the admin username and password.
- Click Ne
- Select Host Workstation or Server based on the system in which the program is run.
- Choose yes or no based on whether the company file is located in the same system or not.
- Complete the diagnosis.
- Change the settings of the Bit Defender anti-virus software to exclude QuickBooks and the ports used from its scrutiny.
Where to look for assistance regarding QuickBooks Error 80070057?
If executing the steps above does not solve the error, it is important to ask for expert guidance. Reaching out QuickBooks Support at QuickBooks error support number and get instant tech assistance.
Quickbooks Error 80070057 Support Number
Quickbooks Error 80070057 Support Number. Quickbooks Error 80070057 Support Phone Number USA. Our team is alert 24*7 to pinpoint every QuickBooks error and finds the solution for every such QuickBooks issues.
Call us at Quickbooks Customer Care Number